Sunday, July 04, 2004

The dog doom...

Oh yea...I have been waiting for it.........and sure enough...it happened.....out of a superdysfunctional family where various members owns hunting labradors ( they look good with guns and green suede pants)I went and got myself a whippet. Dont get me wrong, out of the fishing, hunting and riding set I more than happily pick fishing and horses but I cant shoot to save myself and hoever much I love the labs I wont have one in my abode, after all, they are labradors and do labradors things, mine would choke to death on a sock before we could say 'go fetch!' and what I wanted was something warm and soft in my bed ( for lack of something else)someone to make me smile and lay around in the couch with the cats....a dog that could go with me to the stable, run loose in the woods on long walks but be handy enough to drop off at my mums if I need to. Add sheer beauty and power and you have a Whippet. Now to the long awaited lecture receieved.......some of the dog people in the vicinity are "dog authorities", everyone with no exception owns a lab, here is included an instructor in the local kennelclub, hunters and farmers and they all have their view of how to keep and treat a dog very clear to themselves. This view varies slightly from mine...or rather I reckon theirs are from planet reebook since keeping a dog in an outdoor kennel in this climate, a dirty one at that, only let the dog sit in the hallway except when the master drinks his coffee and the dog may crawl inside and lay next to the table is definitely not how I want to keep dog. Clara farts around everywhere, definitely got selective hearing and GOD in heaven has been seen begging at the table and even worse, pee indoors. So of course it suddenly exploded and hailed in.....should I not take a dressage course ( over my dead body), ought I not take the dog to the worshipped dogmaster himself and sort out the problem ( then if not before I'd end up with a dog pissing all over the place) and since she does not instantly obey every given order she was clearly a problem dog and I need pay attention and listen to their advice. The instructor who up until now has been positive towards training together with me abrubtly declared she 'knew nothing about whippets' and therefore no longer was available ( probably afraid of being told off by the others) and on it went......even my mum who know crap about dogs had suggestions.
The thing is...mentioned whippet has a bit of glue in her ears at the moment...however thats it....she has never chewed up furniture ( chopsticks definitely dont count as furnishings) nor been aggressive towards another dog or a human, she happily comes running 99 out of a 100 times I call her when loose and the accidebts on the floor happens infrequently and never at home these days and very rarely at others for that matter. She can be home for a couple of hours and as far as I know she just curls up with Smilla the mackerel and fall asleep. In my eyes she is an angel and sure enough she is spoilt rotten and I will keep her that way.
I am surprised at how far up the heads are up their ass, and how the hell dare they ask why I should get a dog, how will I afford it? Do you really know what you are doing?
I would never ever even question anyones decision to get a pet or someones ability to look after it unless it was obvious it could be a bit of a problem as in keeping an Ostrich in the dogkennel or a horse on the patio.
As I usually say.........this happens when people have a reference area the size of a can o beans. But then that seems to be the standard these days..*sigh*

8 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hello B, I was looking around for stuff on training older dog and found your post. I have to admit, theres some pretty good info here but I could not find anything about The dog doom... specifically. I see now why I found your page looking for information on training older dog and am glad I stopped by even though this is not a perfect match. This is one of the best blogs I have seen so far... you're doing a terrific job. Keep it
up.

Anonymous said...

Hi, there B, I am out searching for information on attack dog training and found your site. Although The dog doom... is not exactly what I am looking for it certainly got my attention and interest. I see now why I found your page looking for information on attack dog training and am glad I stopped by even though this is not a perfect match. Great blog thanks for the read.

Anonymous said...

Hey B, you have a great blog here. I'am out searching for information on attack dog training and found your site. The dog doom... is not exactly what I am looking for but it certainly got my attention and interest. I see now why I found your blog looking for information on attack dog training and am glad I stopped by even though this is not a perfect match. Great blog thanks for the read.

Anonymous said...

Hi, there B, I am out searching for information on guide dog training and found your site. Although The dog doom... is not exactly what I am looking for it certainly got my attention and interest. I see now why I found your page looking for information on guide dog training and am glad I stopped by even though this is not a perfect match. Great blog thanks for the read.

Anonymous said...

Hey, B, you have a great blog here! Out searching the net for information on dog training advice I found your site. Although The dog doom... is not exactly what I am looking for it certainly got my attention and interest. I see now why I found your page looking for information on dog training advice and am glad I stopped by even though this is not a perfect match. Great blog thanks for the read.

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it http://www.delta-how-to-faucets.info Mature giving blowjobs 75 oldsmobile 442 Gulfport plastic surgeon Fluoxetine information online information information Free spam blocker for smtp email mature galley oldsmobile ralley cluster 6levitra vardenafil Driveways blockpaves Children xanax Paintballing in leamington spa 143 ixo diecast ferrari collection American insurance medical securities men s swimsuits Oversize digital printing services detroit michigan

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! »