Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Reeboot

I think I will definitely restart this thing.....not that I have anything of sigmificant interest to convey however I definitely need to keep my english alive!!!!
My sister is expecting nr 2 this autumn and I am looking forward to a less dramatic arrival than the one that was made by nr 1. One can always hope!!! Nr 1 is alive and kicking, well, mostly sucking and chewing on everything since small folks seem to explore the world by mouth. Yesterday he also gave new light on the expression " foot in mouth" since he did just that.....put his own foot in his mouth. ack.......was a long time ago I could bit my own big toe...well, it as about 20 odd years ago!!

Clara has reached brat age...she keeps sneaking off when I dont see and last sunday it nearly ended. As in The End. She ran out in the road a few hundred yards away and the car that came along simply had no chance to avoid her. I have no idea how hard it hit her or if...because the Whippet is still alive and wagging her tail. Tail slightly crooked but she is happy as a duck so I suspect the doglet avoided fate this time. She is fast running out of luck though so I now keep her on leash at ALL times. Well, not on our morning walks but those are in the meadows well away from motorised vehicles. We usually startle the calfs grazing but so far has neither critter shown tendencies to chase one another.

The Mare, who finally got her name, Lina, is to be covered the following week and after that we can only hope.....It would be nice with a foal next spring....they are a joy to watch and it would also give me something to think about all winter.

Well, out for now. Will be back. I have to figure out how to add links to others and stuff....

No comments: