Monday, May 10, 2004

Bonfire and lightning...

I live in what is commonly referred to as lightning alley..and today all hell broke loose...after a "hot" morning ( people in Texas will smirk here) mother nature offered a spectacular scenery with black sky and a white wall of lightning striking everywhere around the county. I managed to get the horses in the stables at the very last minute..for some reason all creatures seem fascinated by lightning ..the horses stood in the middle of the field and just watched.....refusing to let me come near them for nearly 20 minutes until Don sensed my despair and finally came galloping towards me. Don the big sop....of course the other three followed just in case I would accidentally feed Don their oats as well.
Talking about creatures and lightning.....I have two cats that usually sit perched on the windowsill and stare at the lightning refusing to come inside until it is all over......one would think it was the opposite, that lightning would scare them stiff. Puppy did not react to lightning at all...this was her first big one and all she did was sleep through it in my car....her coat is all yellow stained from the dandelion flowers and I am too tired to give her a bath so I guess I will be washing sheets tomorrow.
Yetsreday I mentione the miserable old heap of branches that we failed to set alight....well...today mw and Peter under much cursing applied every known arson trick and voila!! it did burn........after...... two hours hard work....luck had the rain arrive just in time to put the fire out before I went home and dug up my tiny garden.
Peter have wild plans of putting up a fence around the lower field in so I can let my mare graze over the summer at their place.
The yellow Puppy just fell asleep in my bed and I think I will join her.
Tired.... and my parachute ankle hurts :(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work »

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! »