Saturday, May 22, 2004

Hail and rain!

Did I mention the weather has been weird here?? Today it was hailing........and the rain is pelting down having me worried about letting my mare out on grass tomorrow in case the bad weather continues and she will be cold at nights.....It is supposed to be summer....the lilacs are flowering....swallows feeding their young and the fields around my house is bright yellow from flowering rapeseed and the honeyscent hangs heavy in the air amidst wafts of cowsmell from the field by the creek. Cow that is,not cowdung, the smell of a warm cow makes me remember my childhood...ever stepped barefoot in a warm sunbaked cowdung? no? *grins*. If you never did you had no childhood.

Today I went to mumsies for dinner. My cousin from Denmark was there along with his girlfriend (tall dark and stunning). Cuzziebro himself was something completely different than last time I saw him. Having been quite a shy and chubby 16 year old he had turned into a sympathetic and goodlooking 22 year old! It was fun meeting them however I am uncertain as to wheter they will return since mums managed to put on her usual show. Clara saved the afternoon by jumping up on the coffeetable so coffee and Baileys flew all over the place. Unfortunately she also ate a catpoop and left the place pleased as punch. Clara eating catpoop means she will sleep in my bed and smell like a catbutt all evening....what a charmer....

The sky is still dark and it is windy outside...guess it will be no planting tomatoes tomorrow ;)
Oh yea..Michael Moore got a Gold Palm for Fahrenheit 9/11, it is the first time the Cannes prize has gone to a documentary since 1956 when Jaques Cousteau received it for " The Silent World". Wonder if Disney will allow distribution now or if they are afraid of loosing the Florida taxrebates ( must be nice living in FL knowing you subsidise one of the worlds biggest corporations.


No comments: